Last updated on October 24th, 2023 at 08:37 am
As an interior designer, I cannot think of anything better on a chilly day than snuggling up in a big, soft Giant Bean Bag Chair. It adds a touch of coziness and style to any space.
I have to say, there’s nothing better than finding a giant bean bag chair for under 100 dollars! (Some of our picks may be slightly over $100, but not by much!) Trust me, it’s an absolute steal.
So, if you’re in the market for an enormous new comfy seat, we bring you our top cheap gigantic bean bag chairs.
Our Top Picks
- Best Quality – Jaxx Cocoon Giant Bean Bag – Get 35% Off Here
- Biggest Option – Chill Sack Cheap Giant Bean Bags – Best Price Here
- Best 5 ft Bean Bag Chair – Sofa Sack Bean Bag Chair – Get Best Price Here
What to expect from a giant bean bag under 100?
A giant bean bag is the kind that an adult can sit on, lie on, or even share with the family and is usually 5ft+ in diameter. Prices vary depending on the size, type of filling and fabric used, extra features included etc.
There isn’t a huge range of giant bean bags under $100 as they typically get more expensive the bigger they are.
For the quality filling, comfortable fabric, removable washable covers, and durable construction, you’ll nearly always pay more than $100. Most of our favorites that are really big stand over $200 or even $300.
However, we’ve found a few bean bags that are comfortable, highly rated, and over 4 ft in size (so even if not “giant”, they are pretty large!) The Sofa Sack 5 ft is the absolute biggest bean bag we could find around the $100 price mark. Giant bean bags 6 ft and over cost significantly more – usually $250+ so unfortunately, we can’t include any here.
What are some popular cheap bean bag brands?
There are only a few cheap brands out there, but the ones that you’ll find below are definitely some of the best. The list includes Sofa Sack, Big Joe, and even Amazon Basics which offer both small and large bean bags.
We’ve scoured the internet and come up with a list of the best cheap giant bean bag chairs under $100 (or a little over) – these are some of the best value for money available. Let’s take a look…
Best giant bean bag chairs under 100 dollars (or just over)
Best Quality – Jaxx Cocoon Giant Bean Bag –
This Giant Bean Bag chair isn’t quite under $100 However the quality and discount may make you wanna change your mind.
I love the Jaxx Cocoon! It’s not only stylish but also highly functional. It can make a statement as the centerpiece or tucked into a corner. And let me tell you, it’s pure heaven to lean back and relax in.
There’s even enough room for the company if you feel like inviting someone onto the bean bag with you. What’s more, when you flip it on its side, it transforms into a retro bean bag, providing ample back support and cushy foam to sink into. It’s like a true metamorphosis!
Our Jaxx crash pad has become the ultimate hub for our two energetic kids. It now serves as a cinema area, a place for jumping and obstacle courses, and might even host a siblings sleepover – all within the first week!Jill
Sofa Sack Bean Bag Chair – Best 5 ft Bean Bag Chair
Our top pick is this huge comfy chair from Sofa Sack, a company that specializes in making big, soft chairs for lounging. This is the biggest bean bag we could find with a price around $100 (it’s actually just over). The microsuede (faux suede) material is very soft, smooth, and plush, so you’ll have no problem getting comfortable here.
One of the best parts about this bean bag chair is that it comes in more than 10 different colors, so you can easily find one that matches your décor or suits your style. It is filled with a furniture-grade memory foam blend and has a good amount of support, which means you’ll be able to lounge in it for hours in comfort.
- Made in the USA
- The soft, luxurious feeling microsuede cover come in lots of different colors to suit you
- Seams are double stitched for durability
- Much cheaper than many of the shredded memory foam bean bags on the market
- The cover on this bean bag chair is not removable so therefore not machine washable. It is spot clean only and the inside is not waterproof.
- You might notice a chemical smell from the foam when you first get the chair (typical “new sofa” smell) – this does fade after a while though.
Size: 60 x 60 x 30 inches
Suitable for: 2 toddlers/kids, one adult and child, or just one adult
If you want a 5 ft giant bean bag under 100 dollars, there just aren’t any available (unless you find one on offer) – however for just a few dollars extra you can get this Sofa Sack! It’s the best value large bean bag we could find and gets great customer reviews.
BONUS: Giant bean bag bed
Our pick for the best giant bean bag bed goes to the almighty and extremely famous (due to its appearance on the shark tank) goes to; Cordaroys.
- This convertible chair makes it easy to transform a space into a comfortable guest bed or just an area for relaxing.
- Made of high-quality foam, its soft microfiber cover is gentle against the skin and very durable with a long zipper to make removal fast and simple.
- All you have to do is remove the cover, flip the inner cushion and fold it down into the case to convert it back into a chair.
- Some assembly is required, as after you receive your product you must insert the bed into the chair cover and fluff up the polyfoam from outside to help it expand and soften.
- This giant foam chair is great for any room, such as bedrooms, living rooms, game rooms – anywhere! Washable too so cleaning up is a breeze.
- It’s better than traditional bean bags with no beans needed, plus kids can easily convert it between chair and bedforms in a snap.
- With this versatile piece of furniture, you’ll always be covered when hosting friends or relatives!
Big Joe Fuf Medium (or Large) Bean Bag
The Big Joe Fuf (pronounced “fooof”) is a very popular pick for those wanting a giant bean bag on a budget. You can choose between the medium (under $100) or the large (just over $100) and both are good value for money.
- Designed and filled in the USA
- Filled with patented shredded foam that doesn’t go flat (Bean bags filled with polystyrene beads tend to go flat and need regular refills)
- The only product in this price range that features a removable, washable cover.
- Very comfortable – a heavy, substantial bean bag that can be used anywhere
- Sewn in handles make it easy to move
- Also comes in XL, XXL, and Media Lounger sizes (these are far more than $100 though!)
- The cover fabric is thick and durable – should hold up well even with kids and pet usage.
- It’s very heavy and not that easy to move around once it’s fluffed up and in place. The kids won’t be dragging it around from corner to corner or room to room!
- Size: Large – 49 x 38 x 38 inches
- Medium – 38 x 27 x 28 inches
Many of the customer reviews state that the Big Joe Fuf is larger than expected, so make sure you’ve got plenty of space! This comes in a variety of sizes, but if you want a giant bean bag under 100, the “medium” will best suit your pocket.
Chill Sack Giant Bean Bag 7-Feet
The Cheap 7 ft Giant bean bag or Sack, with its spacious design, is an ideal seating option for two to three people, making it perfect for cosy movie nights or relaxed hangouts with your close-knit group of friends.
Its plush and comfortable structure ensures that you can fully immerse yourself in the movie-watching experience or engage in long conversations without compromising on comfort. Embrace the ultimate relaxation and enjoy quality time with your loved ones with the 7 ft. Sack as the centerpiece of your living space.
|Product Dimensions||84″D x 84″W x 34″H|
|Fill Material||Memory Foam|
- Super soft micro suede cover that can be removed and washed
- Ultra durable inner liner with child safety zipper
- Furniture grade memory foam blend
- Made in the USA by Chill Sack
- Dimensions: 34″ H x 84″ W x 84″ D
Amazon has their own bean bag offering and it’s actually very good! They do have a 5 ft option (which costs a bit more), but if you’re looking for a giant bean bag under $100, their 4 ft bean bag fits the bill. The microfiber cover is very smooth and comfortable to the touch. The bean bag itself is filled with a memory foam filling for bean bag, the nicest filling for a really comfortable, luxurious seat
The Amazon Basics 4ft Bean Bag Chair comes in a range of colors, so you can pick one that suits your tastes perfectly. You won’t have to buy extra bean filler, as the quality of the material means that it’ll retain its shape.
- Made in the USA – compressed, assembled, boxed and shipped from Amazon’s US production facility
- Very soft comfortable, microfiber cover.
- Shredded memory foam filling for a heavy, durable, bean bag chair that is super comfortable and will last.Comes in a range of different colors (different sizes too if you’re willing to pay a bit extra).
- Doesn’t have a removable washable cover – spot clean only
Size: 48 x 48 x 30 inches
Suitable for: Adult or child (or 2 kids together) – reading, gaming, watching TV, living room, dorm room, bedroom etc.
This is a good bean bag chair for a good price. Check out the Amazon Basics range at the following link:
Big Joe Dorm 2.0 Bean Bag Chair – Our cheapest pick
This is a great chair that’s marketed as a “dorm” chair but really is suitable for anyone in any situation. Filled with polystyrene beans, this is the cheapest we could find, and is priced at well under $100.
It’s not as big as the Sofa Sack and not as plush either. However, if you’re looking for something cheap, soft and comfy, this giant bean bag chair might just be the one for you! Big Joe is a very popular company that is well-known for their bean bag chairs, so you can rest assured you’ll be buying a quality product.
- Designed and filled in the USA
- Stain resistant, water resistant and easy to spot clean
- Double stitched for durability
- Drinks holder, pocket and handle make it like a normal chair – great for watching TV, studying, reading, gaming and more
- Not quite as big as you might think from looking at the pictures. According to the reviews it’s more suitable for a shorter person or it’s great as a giant bean bag for a kids room. A taller student or adult might not find it quite so “giant”.
- Polystyrene beads need to be replaced when they get compressed and go flat (usually once ever 6 months)
Size: 33 x 32 x 25
Suitable for: Use in play rooms, bedrooms, dorms, dens, living rooms etc. Best for kids or shorter teens/adults
This might not be as large as you think so make sure you check the measurements before you buy. It’s certainly not as large as our top pick, the Sofa Sack 5ft. It is however a very popular bean bag under $100 for use in kids rooms etc. Read the customer reviews for yourself to see if it’s right for you:
What is a bean bag chair?
A bean bag is a type of furniture which has been loved by many generations. It is a versatile, stylish and comfortable piece of furnishing that can be added to almost any room in your house or office.
The material used to make bean bag chairs is different from the material used in sofas, armchairs and other types of furniture. Bean bags are normally filled with some kind of synthetic fiber (often shredded memory foam or EPS beads) that is considered safe and very durable. They also give a nice feel and can be formed into any shape you like just by patting them down.
The best thing about bean bag chairs is you can pretty much find them in any color or design you want. And if you are feeling creative and confident enough, then maybe try your hand at making your own giant bean bag chair out of different types of materials that suit your personality and sense of style.
Why should you buy a giant bean bag?
When you want to read, relax and watch TV in the comfort of your own home then a large bean bag can be ideal.
They can also double up as extra seating in case you have guests over to visit and you don’t have enough sofas or armchairs.
They also come in different shapes, styles and sizes so it is easy to find one that can fit your room design.
Many students choose to have a giant bean bag in their dorm rooms because they are so easy to carry around, store away and can be used to study on.
What are some things to look for in a cheap giant bean bag?
The most important thing you should look at when buying a giant bean bag under 100 would be its materials and durability, followed closely by comfort. At this price, you might not quite get the size you want because bigger bean bags are usually more expensive.
The best way to judge a bean bag’s comfort is to have a look at its filling. Usually, shredded memory foam creates the most luxurious seating experience, but shredded polystyrene beads are comfortable too. Bean bags under 100 dollars generally contain these polystyrene beans or beads as they are cheaper than memory foam.
Make sure that whatever filling your cheap beanbag chair has, it doesn’t sag easily and that the cover is easy to clean. Most cheaper bean bags don’t have removable covers so are usually spot clean only.
Bean bags are comfortable pieces of furniture that are well loved by people of all age (and their pets too!). There are so many different designs, styles and shapes available that you can easily find one that suits your room décor.
Giant bean bag chairs are also very versatile furniture items that anyone can use in any room or space in their home. But they are not cheap so it is important to do your research when buying one.
For this article, we chose the top best giant bean bags under 100 dollars (with a few being just over). These chairs have been chosen because of their affordability, good reviews and high ratings by people who have bought them in the past. Also, these chairs are carried by reputable online stores which offer free shipping and replacement or money back guarantees.